G0MWT, GX0MWT, GB5HF, GB95-2MT, GB100MWT
International Marconi Day - 2022
BAE Systems Great Baddow
"CARS Operating GX0MWT"
Guglielmo Marconi was born on 25th April 1874. International Marconi Day is celebrated every year on the Saturday closest to his birthday. As is often the case CARS, was registered and operated as one of the 62 special 'award' stations on Saturday 23/04/2022.
Good conditions as well as contest activity made for a busy time for on HF for International Marconi Day on Saturday 23rd April 2022.
CARS club call GX0MWT was registered as an official award station and operated with the kind permission of BAE Systems at Great Baddow, formerly the Marconi Research Centre.
Operators: Andy G0IBN, John M0JOC, Steve M0LCF, Paul G4PVM - supported by Murray G6JYB, Colin G0TRM, Andy G1GKN.
Three stations were in use, two on HF and one on VHF/UHF
- HF: Flex Radio 6500 & Icom IC756 with a Hexbeam for 10-20m, dipoles for 40 & 80m. Dual HF operation was enabled by the use of the new CARS HF Bandpass filters from Low Band Systems
- VHF: FT7900 and a Diamond X30 for 2m.
- QSOs - We made 340 QSOs with 42 different countries.
- DX - Most were Europe (94%), but DX included 13 USA, Canada, Algeria, Asiatic Russia, Kazakhstan and the Falkland Islands
- IMD - 18 QSOs with 17 different IMD Stations
- CARS Results Slides - by Paul G4PVM
- 2022 Award Stations List - the 62 stations inc GX0MWT
Overall an enjoyable activity day and we hope to receive an IMD award certificate for our efforts
John M0JOC with a classic Marconi key
Paul G4PVM - with 21st Century tech! - Flex-6500
Click here to go back to the TOP of this page.
To RETURN to the Sandford Mill Events Index - Click Here
To RETURN to CARS Home Page - Click Here